Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ashhh

One year ago today....

Amnesia Fortnight 2012 was announced a year ago today. This was far and away my favorite thing Double Fine has done. For me, this brought the personalities of the people working at Double Fine through so that it wasn't just a brand in front of quirky Tim Schafer, but a unique company filled with unique talent.

I also thought this was a decent opportunity to get the folks at 2 Player Productions some more money, as they have really been heavily involved for a long time in the Broken Age project.

I'd love to see this come back for 2013. If it doesn't come back, I'd be curious as to what some of the folks at Double Fine thoughts as to the success of the process and why they chose not to repeat it this year. I'm also curious to know if having the publicity and pressure to produce something during a two week time frame that was so open and public and had paying customers resulted in a different experience than previous amnesia fortnights.

Tim said on Twitter back in September that he wants to do a public Amnesia Fortnight again this year, and at the time he was trying to work out the schedule.

I hope that's still the case, since I agree with you that the first public Amnesia Fortnight session was a whole lot of fun to watch. :)

Black Lake and The White Birch would be awesome!

I also would love for Double Fine to do a public Amnesia Fortnight like they did last year. Had a lot of fun playing Hack 'n' Slash, Black Lake and The White Birch.

So far we've got SBDF9 and Autonomous out of the last Amnesia Fortnight, but the next AF is coming up soon and we still haven't heard a peep about Black Lake.

I mean, all of the ideas were great in their own way, and I would kinda understand if they didn't have the time/money to make all of them, but it really did seem like Black Lake was ultimately the most overall well-liked prototype. Maybe it's just my own bias, because admittedly I might be Black Lake fanboy #1, but based on the general responses/posts to all the prototypes, Black Lake really did seem to generate the most unanimously positive response, and a pretty strong one.

My name isn't Kid Gamebiz or anything, but if they stuff Black Lake into a box in the attic, I'd be completely confused by that. I'm basing that not just on how much I personally liked the game, but on the fact that it seems like that's the equivalent of graduating the kids who got an A- and a C on the final exam, but then the kid who got an A+ on the exam doesn't get to graduate?

I dunno. Would just seem weird.

I jumped ridiculously late on the Amnesia Fortnight 2012 train (four days ago, actually), but man!

Double Fine really is an amazingly talented and creative team. I'm so looking forward to everything else by them that

will come our way.... :D

So I guess, february 2014, Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight the next. I'd mark it in my calendar, if I had one. :D

Sign in to follow this