Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShooMonFoo

Bad/funny suggestions you have but don't really care if they make it into the game or not.

Since the game is in alpha most of us have suggestions of things to put into the game to make it funnerer, but sometimes these suggestions are bad or just silly. What are some of the ideas you had that you thought "hey this should be in this game," then immediately thought "no... no it shouldn't."

Stupid things/examples i've come up with include:

Boxing rings so enemies can fight it out

Bands people talk about showing up and performing at the bar

People being in a religion centered around rapper Lil B

Space Golf

Random black hole appearances

etc.

Space Livestock.

A hydroponic farm is rather sci fi. and makes a lot of practical sense.

Space goats and pigs running around. not so much...

I had originally considered suggesting some sort of test-tube grown meat on the food ideas thread. Although I now have a new idea about what's going on.

You know how the inside of the icky pod is sort of a bloody red and the outside looks all veiny? . . .

Random black hole appearances

Related, but maybe not what you were thinking of: Very unscientific micro-singularities that pass through your base occasionally, sucking people together and dragging them along with it. Enemies take being sucked into bodily contact with each other poorly.

Wait, no.. that sounds kind of amusing and not too too ridiculous. I must try harder.

Galaxy Quest's Omega 13, or something like it. It's a button that might take you back 13 seconds in the past or destroy everything (or cause other great disasters). Kinda the same as a black hole... ending your game randomly or saving it from a mass population die off.

I suggested that space chickens become another source of food (that isn't a plant) because i disliked the idea of everyone being a vegetarian, and wondered how the heck someone made a meat dish with a plant.

Then i was reminded by the administrator that space chickens already existed in the game as citizens.

Then, to make it even more hilarious One of the DF people notified me that they had decided to consider adding cannibalism into the game...

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

(actually i kind of like the idea of cannibalism :P)

Then, to make it even more hilarious One of the DF people notified me that they had decided to consider adding cannibalism into the game...

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

I'm not sure that you've done anything... cannibalism has come up a few times from other posters.

The idea should always be on the table when there's Space Chickens about. They're so tasty!

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

I'm not sure that you've done anything... cannibalism has come up a few times from other posters.

The idea should always be on the table when there's Space Chickens about. They're so tasty!

At some point we may have pets. So when you get hungry, the giant space chicken starts to look real good. I would say instead, cannibals may be found on derelicts, when explored you will find one survivor and 4 dead ones, and a random chance they may attack the security crew, or at some point go on a killing spree.

I had been seeing people talk about zombifying citizens or rogue AIs or cannibals in derelicts and it's been making me think, why aren't we able to toggle the lights?

I mean if at least just make it so we can shut off lights it'd be enjoyable though since it's nothing I'm super picky about I just thought the idea of zombies walking around with Dead Space esque flickering emergency lights would be super awesome since it's still a core part of the game (losing.)

Space Livestock.

A hydroponic farm is rather sci fi. and makes a lot of practical sense.

Space goats and pigs running around. not so much...

If space livestock don't exist, where do all those clouds of space gas come from?

More cost-effective crew quarters.

capsule_hotel.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsule_hotel

Actually I would love this. DF, Gnominora and Towns all have that option. THey make it so that personal rooms give a lot oh happieness while shared rooms just get the job done.
Space Dating, because every time I see "The Spacedate System" thread all I can think about is two of my citizens going out on a date at the pub.
And this only supports it more. I think it would be kinda cool to actually have your characters have famlies and stuff instead of just getting random reffugies and people for almost no reason.

I had been seeing people talk about zombifying citizens or rogue AIs or cannibals in derelicts and it's been making me think, why aren't we able to toggle the lights?

I mean if at least just make it so we can shut off lights it'd be enjoyable though since it's nothing I'm super picky about I just thought the idea of zombies walking around with Dead Space esque flickering emergency lights would be super awesome since it's still a core part of the game (losing.)

I like this idea, I believe you should be able to build lights in rooms or they can go out, maybe if a room has no light you get a sort of fog of war so you can only see whats in it if a citizen or robot is in it.

Sign in to follow this