Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Permafry_42

Games you hope to be rereleased outside of Japan someday

Just a place for people to talk about that games you hope to be legally rereleased outside of Japan someday.

Here's just a few of the japan-only or non-english Japanese games I can think of off the top of my head (in no order):

The My Summer Vacation series (ぼくのなつやすみ): I have the entire set of Japanese games since i got them while I was vacationing in Japan, but since I only speak English (for now) I'd really love to be able to play them in English rather than having to constantly guess what's going on.

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (逆転検事 2): As a major Ace Attorney Fan, I've been really wanting to see a legal english patch for the game!

Mother (マザー) and Mother 3 (マザースリー): Both are awesome games (despite the severe difficulty of mother), and both deserve legal english releases .

I didn't know about that Ace Attorney game. I really like the series too and would love to see it get an official English language release.

I can't think of any other games, but I'm sure there are some that I would love to play if they were available.

I'd probably be able to think of some if I hadn't become so disconnected with console games, at least outside of Nintendo's handhelds. The last game I imported was Osu Tatakae Ouendan, and that was years ago.

Mother 3 seems like a pretty obvious choice, and it may very well be one of the best known games to have never gotten a western release, though there's at least an excellent fanmade english patch available.

Phantasy Star Online 2! NA release schedule is totally killing my pants!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED TO FEED THEM!!!!

Phantasy Star Online 2! NA release schedule is totally killing my pants!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED TO FEED THEM!!!!

This is my main one too. I play it with an English patch but a full translation and some NA servers would be so nice.

Segagaga, the RPG where you run Sega, and start a last ditch campaign to try to keep SonyDogma from gaining total dominance over the console market.

It just looks crazy, and exudes exactly the kind of quirkiness that I loved in Sega's games during the Dreamcast era.

Mother 1 and 3 (Earthbound finally released in EU on WiiU)

Valkyria Chronicles 3

Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Tales of Vesperia PS3, Tales of Destiny 1 & 2, Tales of Legendia , Tales of Innocence, Tales of Hearts

Sign in to follow this