Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Some more early Broken Age casting news!

I don't like Vella's voice.

It'll grow on you, Khris seems to always know what she's doing.

I think seeing Vella in-game will help.

Man I would have LOVED to hear Nathan Fillion in this game, lol.

Also if Tim reads this, shame on you. You convinced me to buy a 3DS and Animal Crossing. Spending way too much time with that.

wow I am getting more and more excited... and for me not just the voice casting but when Tim gives a synopsis of the character.. it makes me realise how imaginative that guy is and that the king of Adventure games (well the Plato/Schaefer to Socrates/Gilbert that is) is back doing adventure games again.

WHEEEEEEEEAAAAAATOOOOOOOOOOON!

I'm so excited. And Vella is LeBlanc from FFX-2! And what's this about Nathan Fillion...?

Forget Wil Wheaton. We all know what the real news is.

Tim's beard is back!

Now anyone but nathan fillion will just be a let down, thanks will.

Yeah! Thanks, Wil! :coolmad:

So, i assume its bad i dunno who Nathan Fillion is?

Yes it's bad. Very, very bad!

tumblr_mmnbatJPtG1r8gsqgo2_250.gif

Wheaton!

I re-loved him after he was on Big Bang, I'm so excited, he sounds super awesome. I think this is going to be such an amaze game!

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Word...

or lack thereof

Is anyone actually able to view these videos with the default player? I've been getting nothing but "Sorry" messages on all the videos for the last few weeks. Which is OK because I can switch to the other player. But just wondering if it does work for anyone?

Works for me!

Works fine for me, too.

@ Nathan Fillion:

The first and only time I ever came across this guy was here

Still don't know what this is about him...

I don't like Vella's voice.

I agree with this and also hope, it will grow on me as she becomes alive in the game.

And then

But.. one question remains.. what's up with all those Playboys in the background? Essential for a relaxed voice or something?

this!

And also

Forget Wil Wheaton. We all know what the real news is.

Tim's beard is back!

very much this!!!!!

I feel like they are stroking themselves into far too much ecstasy over voice actors. Who cares, seriously? Why are we supposed to get so excited by the idea of famous people / professional nerds elbowing their way into voice jobs on an adventure game?

But I'll admit that I don't like adventure game voice acting anyway. Ever since I played GK1 without realizing there was a voice setting, then turned it on to hear the awful narrator and Tim Curry's obnoxious drawl, I have been of the deeply held opinion that voice acting is a waste of time. You can usually read 10x faster than these people mew the lines out anyway. They don't really contribute anything but the developers' impression of themselves as professionals.

Now anyone but nathan fillion will just be a let down, thanks will.

Yeah! Thanks, Wil! :coolmad:

60931-Nathan-fillion-naked-confident-fy4i.gif

Love seeing "Playboy" in the same magazine rack as "Highlights" in the background there...childhood memories! lol

You can usually read 10x faster than these people mew the lines out anyway. They don't really contribute anything but the developers' impression of themselves as professionals.

Yeah man, sound waves are like totally inefficient for transmitting data. That's why I only read sheet music. It's, like, at least 18.72 times faster than playing the CD.

You can usually read 10x faster than these people mew the lines out anyway. They don't really contribute anything but the developers' impression of themselves as professionals.

Yeah man, sound waves are like totally inefficient for transmitting data. That's why I only read sheet music. It's, like, at least 18.72 times faster than playing the CD.

I guess I get your point, but the thing is, reading in adventure games has always been a thing. Reading sheet music as an alternative to listening to it, on the other hand, has not.

I had just been thinking while watching the latest episode of Wil's show TableTop that it would be so much fun to see Tim as a guest, but I thought there is no way that Wil and Tim know each other. Guys, you have to make this happen.

This. So much this. Along with a couple of other game devs as well.

Ditto. TableTop is a great show.

They don't really contribute anything but the developers' impression of themselves as professionals.
ok sheldon, just go back to replaying zork for the nth time, we all know you are just bitter because wil wheaton made it into the game and you didn't :P

For the love of all things good and holy, could we all agree to ignore 'suejak'!?

They have never contributed a positive word to this forum. Ever.

They are a troll and a general dick.

Don't feed it.

@spacebug: I have trouble with Vimeo as well. I immensely dislike Vimeo. :-/

I am excited and pleased by the return of Curtis the Hipster Lumberjack. I am unexcited and uninterested about Wil Wheaton... and always will be.

We all know what the real news is.

Tim's beard is back!

Here here!

For the love of all things good and holy, could we all agree to ignore 'suejak'!?

They have never contributed a positive word to this forum. Ever.

They are a troll and a general dick.

Don't feed it.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/10793/P25/#303507

I'm plenty positive, when there's something to be positive about.

This particular news is rather obnoxious. Fortunately, they probably didn't have to pay, e.g., Wil Wheaton too much to be in the game, given that his brand these days is "famous geek".

Oooooooh! He's a Lumberjack and he's ok, he works all night and he sleeps all day!

Hooray, the Hipster Lumberjack is back, our naggy naggy voices were heard :-)

Best character ever!

So I was thinking who is the secret person that did the voice work, whom will be revealed on the 7th. I was thinking: Who is famous and a fan of adventure games? Then it hit me: Elijah Wood.

Elijah Wood's favorite game is Secret of Monkey Island. Mr. Wood even tweeted about Double Fine and their Double Fine Adventure campaign once.

Oooooooh! He's a Lumberjack and he's ok, he works all night and he sleeps all day!

Wait... so if I'm following your line of logic correctly... you're claiming Wil Wheaton is a transvestite?

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxQp3Hy5nk ]

This game is going to be an all-singing, all-dancing extravaganza of epic proportions!

Is anyone actually able to view these videos with the default player? I've been getting nothing but "Sorry" messages on all the videos for the last few weeks. Which is OK because I can switch to the other player. But just wondering if it does work for anyone?

Works for me!

Hmm. I wonder if it's one of those Firefox/Flash issues.

*tries Chrome*

Working perfectly for the first time in weeks.

Yep, that seems conclusive!

Love seeing "Playboy" in the same magazine rack as "Highlights" in the background there...childhood memories! lol

Childhood memories of playboy? Me too! The church I went to was located in a building that was a plastic bottle factory from Monday - Friday. We had Sunday School in the staff room. The staffroom occasionally contained playboy magazines, and some of us would sit at the back giggling at the photos of "nudey people"! Worst sunday school ever.

Sign in to follow this