Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Some more early Broken Age casting news!

Some big news today! As usual, we're giving you a bit of an early heads up on this, so please do keep this news quiet until it's officially announced on Friday. You know the drill. So far we haven't had any leaks with these early casting announcements, which is awesome!

Without further ado, feast your eyes and ears on this:

[vimeo]81134996[/vimeo]

That's right: Curtis the lumberjack, a backer favorite here on the forums, has been promoted from animation test asset to full-on Broken Age character, and he is being voiced by none other than Wil Wheaton.

And we now have a voice for Vella, the female lead of the game: Masasa Moyo, an extremely accomplished voice actress who you may also have heard in games such as BioShock Infinite, Diablo III, Final Fantasy XIII, Halo 3: ODST, and many more. Her voicework on Vella has been outstanding!

Plus, superstar uber-backer Alex Rigopulos, co-founder and CEO of Rock Band developer Harmonix, will be voicing a character based on his own likeness!

All that plus performances from Nicki Rapp (Lili from Psychonauts) and Ginny Westcott (Nurse Edna from Day of the Tentacle). It's crazy!

I love Wil's take on the character. Also, it's great to see the lumberjack back in! Can't wait to find out how he fits into the story.

Is anyone actually able to view these videos with the default player? I've been getting nothing but "Sorry" messages on all the videos for the last few weeks. Which is OK because I can switch to the other player. But just wondering if it does work for anyone?

Is anyone actually able to view these videos with the default player? I've been getting nothing but "Sorry" messages on all the videos for the last few weeks. Which is OK because I can switch to the other player. But just wondering if it does work for anyone?

Works for me!

Damn, now I want the person they recorded before Wil to be Nathan Fillion... bring in Captain Mal!

Oh, and Ginny is Tim's sister, isn't she?

Aaah Lumberjack how i hoped he would get to be at least a little easter egg in the final game but a whole character is more than i hoped for .D AWSOME. makes my even happier about the art print i have now.

But.. one question remains.. what's up with all those Playboys in the background? Essential for a relaxed voice or something?

Lumberjack as a full on character ... voiced by Wil Wheaton ... this project is reaching for and achieving levels of awesome never before witnessed by man. Or beast. Or tree.

We need a new word here, awesome just doesn't cut it anymore.

Now anyone but nathan fillion will just be a let down, thanks will.

Maybe it's Patrick Stewart :)

Anyway, a video that for the most part Wil Wheaton wants to know who was there before him... would we get to know before Wil Wheaton?

wow, i feel.... satisfied. deeply satisfied. with all the intended creepiness :). and lily is back! lily is back!

I love the Playboys sitting on the same rack as the Highlights magazines.

I love the Playboys sitting on the same rack as the Highlights magazines.

lol i had a chuckle at that as well.

Loving that the Lumberjack will be in the game. Wil Wheaton is a great choice and I love the line "I didn't know you had feelings!" Awesome!

Now anyone but nathan fillion will just be a let down, thanks will.

Yeah! Thanks, Wil! :coolmad:

So, i assume its bad i dunno who Nathan Fillion is?

I had just been thinking while watching the latest episode of Wil's show TableTop that it would be so much fun to see Tim as a guest, but I thought there is no way that Wil and Tim know each other. Guys, you have to make this happen.

Also, it's so great to see the lumberjack back.

I had just been thinking while watching the latest episode of Wil's show TableTop that it would be so much fun to see Tim as a guest, but I thought there is no way that Wil and Tim know each other. Guys, you have to make this happen.

This. So much this. Along with a couple of other game devs as well.

This. So much this. Along with a couple of other game devs as well.

That would be sweet.

Also, I liked that in background behind Tim, the rack of magazines had Playboy and Highlights next to one another.

Smiles

Sign in to follow this