Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Some more early Broken Age casting news!

For the love of all things good and holy, could we all agree to ignore 'suejak'!?

They have never contributed a positive word to this forum. Ever.

They are a troll and a general dick.

Don't feed it.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/10793/P25/#303507

I'm plenty positive, when there's something to be positive about.

This particular news is rather obnoxious. Fortunately, they probably didn't have to pay, e.g., Wil Wheaton too much to be in the game, given that his brand these days is "famous geek".

This is why people should NOT ignore you. Yeah, it's cool he's in the game but quality voice acting over big names will sell me a game. That said, he sounded decent in the clip.

However, I do believe that there is an ignore user list in the user control panel. So it's quite funny to see those who are incapable of containing themselves whine that they have to see comments they dislike.

For the love of all things good and holy, could we all agree to ignore 'suejak'!?

Don't feed it.

This particular news is rather obnoxious. Fortunately, they probably didn't have to pay, e.g., Wil Wheaton too much to be in the game, given that his brand these days is "famous geek".

This is why people should NOT ignore you. Yeah, it's cool he's in the game but quality voice acting over big names will sell me a game. That said, he sounded decent in the clip.

However, I do believe that there is an ignore user list in the user control panel. So it's quite funny to see those who are incapable of containing themselves whine that they have to see comments they dislike.

I cannot be bothered arguing my point right now, I'll just become a dick too. (more-so than usual at least!)

Although if you want to know what I'm talking about, read his/her previous posts in other threads, I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

Okay enough derailing; catch ya on the flipside.

Wohoo! Wil Wheaton!

He's one of my childhood heroes. Yes, I'll admit it, I liked Wesley Crusher and didn't want the character to die. But I love his books and his blog and he appears to be a pretty cool, down-to-earth guy. And a nerd of course, but that just makes it better.

This video made a great start for my day! Thank you guys!

Don't feed it.

I cannot be bothered arguing my point right now, I'll just become a dick too. (more-so than usual at least!)

Although if you want to know what I'm talking about, read his/her previous posts in other threads, I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

Okay enough derailing; catch ya on the flipside.

If he bothers you o much add him to your user ignore list rather than whining about it like a child. He has an opinion too which is just as valid. Frankly I'm inclined to agree with him on this particular matter. Now either ignore him via the user CP or ignore him the old fashioned way. Your whining is less constructive to any conversation than an actual opinion on the topic at hand, no matter how negative.

If he bothers you o much add him to your user ignore list rather than whining about it like a child. He has an opinion too which is just as valid. Frankly I'm inclined to agree with him on this particular matter. Now either ignore him via the user CP or ignore him the old fashioned way. Your whining is less constructive to any conversation than an actual opinion on the topic at hand, no matter how negative.

Yeah yeah I know.

I just have an opinion on suejak, and I shared it.

Peace.

And that's probably why they tell us these things only a day or two before the public announcement. There's always going to be someone willing to leak stuff out to the press, and if it's already set to be publicly announced only a day after the backers were made known of it, then there's not really much damage.

Also, haha, "leads". Not only is it a leak, it's a misinforming leak. Those are the best.

There's always going to be someone willing to leak stuff out to the press, and if it's already set to be publicly announced only a day after the backers were made known of it, then there's not really much damage.

There's no need to find someone willing to leak. A lot of the press are backers.

And yeah, it's probably why they kept the big reveal under wraps.

So I was thinking who is the secret person that did the voice work, whom will be revealed on the 7th. I was thinking: Who is famous and a fan of adventure games? Then it hit me: Elijah Wood.

Elijah Wood's favorite game is Secret of Monkey Island. Mr. Wood even tweeted about Double Fine and their Double Fine Adventure campaign once.

Yes! I've been thinking the same thing for a while now, but thought it was too crazy of an idea to post. But I guess he could be a good fit for Shay.

This is probably good news, because Justin now can sue the hell out of Gameinformer and they won't be needing the Early Access money anymore. ;-)

This was something nice to wake up to :D

Although this afternoon I read on Game Informer that Wil Wheaton is apparently now *leading* the cast. I sure hope they had permission to post/misconstrue the news and aren't leaking stuff that was indicated as being backer only - especially when they were given the opportunity to preview the game so early.

Edit: Aww, I was beaten to it. That's what I get for replying to a thread when I've not refreshed the page in an hour >_<

W..t...f...?

wtf_doublefine.jpg

Game development gets boring and lonely...

Sometimes a man needs to see a boob. Sometimes he needs a fifth grade level word search.

how can anyone name a magazine "Girls & Corpses". it sounds like something manny would read. unless its a hillariously silly magazine. in that case id approve.

I'm actually concerned and disturbed about the magazine selection shown in the clip. Playboy, GQ, Girls and Corpses, all juxtaposed next to a children's magazine (Highlights) for humorous effect.

It is my understanding (thanks to the most recent DFA update) that these recording sessions are so stressful that those involved simply lose all self control and begin telling bawdy stories and off-color jokes. However, seeing this reading material provides another interpretation: this behavior is encouraged. You are now in the recording studio -- you are expected to act like a 12-year-old boy.

There is a lot of recent talk about providing a safe environment for all people in game development, and this lack of sensitivity feels like a distinct step backwards.

Of course, knowing about it is due to the honest representation by the documentary crew. So thanks to them for showing this without editing.

This is probably good news, because Justin now can sue the hell out of Gameinformer and they won't be needing the Early Access money anymore. ;-)

In all seriousness, I'd just really love to see something done to these people.

EDIT: This wasn't meant to sound more aggressive than a ban from the forums. My apologies if I've offended/threatened anyone.

I wouldn't suggest something so personal, but I would certainly laugh heartily if the author, Senior Features Editor Matt Helgeson, had his backer status revoked :D

Ehh. Now don't get me wrong, I like in-jokes as much as anyone, but I'd still like a serious game too. How, exactly, is the lumberjack going to fit in there? There's a reason most "wouldn't it be cool if..."-ideas aren't done: most times, they suck. I hope they know what they are doing, adding the lumberjack. I have trouble seeing how that will fit.

I wouldn't suggest something so personal, but I would certainly laugh heartily if the author, Senior Features Editor Matt Helgeson, had his backer status revoked :D

Haha, yeah, sorry. I might have been a tad angry writing that. Tried to tone it down. Certainly didn't mean for it to come across so aggressive.

Although, revoking his backer status could still count as "something being done" :P. Just something enough to stop all of the disrespecting of the terms, conditions, and good ethnics.

Please, all your guessing as the the "big" voice talent pales in comparison to the truth: Mystery Voice Actor X can only be the immensely talented star of stage and screen, Mr. Don Knotts! Only an appearance as incredible and miraculous as his could be the source of such silenced tones and hushed anticipation.

Mystery Voice Actor X can only be the immensely talented star of stage and screen, Mr. Don Knotts!

I'm afraid getting Don Knotts would be as impossible as getting Frank Zappa, seeing as they are both dead... Maybe for Grim 2?

I have to say they cut the video really strange, so I almost thought Nathan Fillion really might play the boy, but maybe it's just because of my poor english skills. :P

I'm very curious who will play him though. :)

Sign in to follow this