Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Some more early Broken Age casting news!

I love love love how apparently the "first contact" between Tim and Elijah happened on Twitter... gotta LOVE the internets!

That and it seems like Shay was written specifically for Elijah.

Thanks, @woodelijah! But now that I know you're watching I need to start over. This changes stuff. -- TimOfLegend

As if I wasn't already excited enough for this game, when that awesome trailer appears.

And to think I was planning on waiting until both parts are out, yeah that ain't gonna happen!

When I was trying to think of an actor who matches Shay, a certain age, a certain tone, I had an actor in the back of my mind that I couldn't place. Pretty sure my brain was trying to conjure up Elijah Wood in the movie Flipper, but was unable to. This is amazing news.

I shoulda thought of Elijah Wood. I knew he was a backer and excited about the project, it seems perfect now I know. Cool stuff!

I love that talented celebrities like Jack Black or Elijah Wood already know Double Fine, even before they're contacted for their jobs.

Makes me feel even prouder of backing the project. :-)

We probably won't ever have so much insight into the financial stuff, but knowing that Elijah Wood is a backer it would be cool to know if he's being payed for the VA or did it "pro bono" :)

That and it seems like Shay was written specifically for Elijah.
Thanks, @woodelijah! But now that I know you're watching I need to start over. This changes stuff. -- TimOfLegend

Nice catch!

We probably won't ever have so much insight into the financial stuff, but knowing that Elijah Wood is a backer it would be cool to know if he's being payed for the VA or did it "pro bono" :)

I suspect that he is being paid. The Screen Actors Guild would probably not be too happy with him doing it pro bono. That said, I'm sure that he's working "essentially" for free or at least for far less than he could be getting paid from other projects.

I suspect that he is being paid. The Screen Actors Guild would probably not be too happy with him doing it pro bono. That said, I'm sure that he's working "essentially" for free or at least for far less than he could be getting paid from other projects.

Yeah, my guess is he and Jack Black, etc are working for the SAG minimum for these types of voice acting roles.

Game looked great on the VGX stream... pity the VGX show was terrible though. Still Broken Age will have got a lot of coverage ...so not bad.

My first reaction to Elijah Wood's voice acting was that it sounded pretty close to that of the wolf character. Perhaps I just need to hear them back to back.

My first reaction to Elijah Wood's voice acting was that it sounded pretty close to that of the wolf character. Perhaps I just need to hear them back to back.

I thought the same thing. It was odd hearing the wolf's voice at the end of the clip after hearing Elijah's narration. Also the voice sounds kind of mature for the character's age, to be nitpicky. But overall, I like it. Can't wait to play this!

So I was thinking who is the secret person that did the voice work, whom will be revealed on the 7th. I was thinking: Who is famous and a fan of adventure games? Then it hit me: Elijah Wood.

Elijah Wood's favorite game is Secret of Monkey Island. Mr. Wood even tweeted about Double Fine and their Double Fine Adventure campaign once.

Good call... that would total sense if he's cast as Shay and would actually be worthy of saving it for VGX to announce. I could totally hear him playing the character.

The types of people watching this show aren't going to care about some random cameo role, nor someone most people haven't heard of. It's clearly someone more famous than Wil Wheaton at the moment (or else the announcements would be flipped).

And TrueStoryGuy was right on the money, and that 3 days ago. Very good call, that. Impressive!

Love the voice casting, haven't heard a single voice that rubs me the wrong way.

And yes, that includes Vella, I like her voice fine.

I hope you preserve that beautiful reaction Tim had when Joel Mchale said "It's Lindsay Lohan" in the documentary!

Is it bad that the thing that made me giggle the most was it looks like there are playboy magazines in the magazine rack? ^^;

Yes. As long as you were going to giggle, you should've giggled more because of the Girls & Corpses magazine. That recording studio must have some... er... interesting clients.

Is it bad that the thing that made me giggle the most was it looks like there are playboy magazines in the magazine rack? ^^;

Yes. As long as you were going to giggle, you should've giggled more because of the Girls & Corpses magazine. That recording studio must have some... er... interesting clients.

I think it's the Highlights magazine (for those that aren't familiar with it, it's aimed at young children) that really brings it all together.

It's probably not all that rare to see children in a recording studio. How often is a corpse going to step through the door, though?

When I first read this I wasn't too thrilled, more like "meh, ok, if so many people like him ...."

But Curtis turned out to be one of my favourite characters in the game I have to say! So funny. I hope he returns for part two. I would like to continue our discussion about art and how it's no longer art when it's decorative ;)

Sign in to follow this