Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
epic

Elijah Wood Will Voice The Main Male Character of Broken Age

And Tim froze up when asked how much it cost to get him. So,probably more than he's comfortable admitting. Still,if the project's already screwed the budget,why not get Elijah Wood? If you're gonna crush and burn,might as well go out in a blaze of glory,am I right?

And Tim froze up when asked how much it cost to get him. So,probably more than he's comfortable admitting. Still,if the project's already screwed the budget,why not get Elijah Wood? If you're gonna crush and burn,might as well go out in a blaze of glory,am I right?

Oh, stop being so utterly ridiculous.

1) Tim didn't freeze up, it's just not his place to reveal how much other people are getting paid for their work. It's not appropriate and certainly not the right of backers to be informed of it.

2) That said, they have said multiple times that they haven't made any casting decisions that have put pressure on the budget. I think from this (and from the fact that Elijah Wood is a frickin' backer) we can probably safely assume that the higher profile voices in the game (who are all either friends of Double Fine or fans) that they are not charging over the odds for their services.

This from Khris Brown: "I can’t talk specifically about pay, but can let you know that there was no impact on the budget." Read: they did not have to pay any more for Elijah Wood than they would have expected to for any other voice actor reading a main character for their game.

You know, you're a backer. It doesn't take a whole sackful of effort to actually look into the things you are accusing Double Fine of, rather that just huffing around with your own tediously cynical assumptions.

Yes,ridiculous. Like what I said is a joke or something.

Still,I suppose you're right. It could be seen as an attack on Tim's integrity. So to make it clear,I was just kidding. It's not often you see Tim caught flat footed by some jackass who's there for the paycheck. Not to say he's always a jackass who's there for the paycheck,but he certainly was this time.

That clear enough?

I thought we said all jokes are restricted to the backer private forum.

Yes,ridiculous. Like what I said is a joke or something.

Still,I suppose you're right. It could be seen as an attack on Tim's integrity. So to make it clear,I was just kidding. It's not often you see Tim caught flat footed by some jackass who's there for the paycheck. Not to say he's always a jackass who's there for the paycheck,but he certainly was this time.

That clear enough?

Well, er, yes. I guess I still don't get the joke. I mean people have said the same thing as that in complete seriousness, so it didn't read as particularly jokey. It's hard to read irony on the internet if you don't make it clear ;P

t's hard to read irony on the internet if you don't make it clear ;P
I am reminded of the statement, "It's hard to see Duke Nukem as a parody when most other shooters use the same character seriously."

Uhm? I didn't get the joke either, so I guess I made the same mistake as SurplusGamer.

Maybe make it clearer for us who have trouble understanding the next time, so we don't get the wrong idea?

I am reminded of the statement, "It's hard to see Duke Nukem as a parody when most other shooters use the same character seriously."

It's actually not hard at all in the case of Duke Nukem 3D. You just have to look at its use of pop culture references such as cheesy one-liners from action movies or things it lampoons such as the pig cops in LARD uniforms.

Duke Nukem Forever, however, plays the character straight. Duke in 3D was a parody of a meathead, Duke in Forever is that meathead.

Sign in to follow this