Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Elijah Wood as Shay in Broken Age

Holey crap, haven't seen that trailer yet. It's totally drawn me in and made me hyped for the game.

Also, hooray for Elijah doing the voice of Shay.

VGx was awful ... well more accurately the supposedly "funny" co-host (whoever he was) was dreadful and horribly unfunny. I switched off after Tim was finished.
I love too. But I'm surprised Tim didn't punch Joel McHale. I mean, he said "Once Tim fixes the game, it's going to be great".
Joel McHale was awful. I watched the whole preceding hour, his jokes were bad and it was so weird how he chose to play the trash talking a-hole.

Weirdly, if you checked Tim's twitter stream right after his appearance on stage, he kept defending Joel's "humor"... striked me as awkward, since almost everybody I know found him dreadful!

I've had an idea. Why don't Double Fine use the rest of the game budget to buy an island, where we can ship all the "aha, so that's where the money went" bores crawling out of the woodwork whenever any announcement is made about the game.

Then they can stand around on the island smugly telling each other "Oh, so THIS is where the money went. Buying this island. And putting us on it. I want to go home."

Shay's voice is more mature/darker than I was expecting but after about 10 seconds seemed to fit perfectly. I was also not sure about Jack Black's voice until I saw this bit of animation - very fine! The only character I feel the need to hear more of is Vella... I'm sure it'll be fine in the end, I just havent' gotten a good impression of that character yet.

Just wondering something now: Are the actors being recorded in groups per scene, or all individually?

Is it just me, or do Shay and the wolf sound very similar?
Yea they do, but IMO they are different enough. It didn't help that Shay basically said the same thing as Wolf in this video - but I guess that would be the worst-case scenario, right?

Both voices rock, for sure!!!

i'm liking everything that's happening around the voice cast.

most of all I like the documentary snippets with Khris. She always seems hella-enthusiastic about what she does, always has a smile and and seems like an awesome person to work with.

I am truly in awe of the great team DF have around this project. cool beans.

I've had an idea. Why don't Double Fine use the rest of the game budget to buy an island, where we can ship all the "aha, so that's where the money went" bores crawling out of the woodwork whenever any announcement is made about the game.

Nasty hobbitses, taking all the precious backer money.

Nasty hobbitses, taking all the precious backer money.

What is backers, precious..?

The reveal was very heartwarming and the game keeps looking better and better, very excited for the beta, good luck with the rest of development, December is a bad month to be trying to final a game.

I'm VERY happy with this casting! The game itself is looking just incredible as well...only a few more weeks to go!

Elijah Wood's body of work is pretty astounding, considering Lord of the Rings, Wilfred, now this, it seems he has a "cool" sixth sense about him.

Elijah Wood ends up sounding exactly like the guy who did Guybrush in Monkey 3.

Well, I don't think he sounds like Marek (he's much more nasally and monotone) OR Dominic Armato's Guybrush (who is much more whatever the opposite of those things are).

Well, I don't think he sounds like Marek (he's much more nasally and monotone) OR Dominic Armato's Guybrush (who is much more whatever the opposite of those things are).

Mouthally and polytone? :D

I liked him in that Tron animated series and I think I'll enjoy him as Shay.

Agreed, he was quite good in Tron: Uprising. I had forgotten that he had voiced Beck in that, thought it was a shame it got cancelled. It's pretty awesome that the parade of friends of Double Fine continues without abatement.

Only thing I know him from, other than LOTR of course, is this old Cranberries music video :D

7LM4Cb6wZUA

Only thing I know him from, other than LOTR of course, is this old Cranberries music video :D

for me one of his most memorable roles was in Ang Lee's film The Ice Storm.

it's like he just doesn't age at all, unlike the rest of us.

So you haven't seen Back to the Future II then? ;)

videogame.gif

Sign in to follow this