Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Elijah Wood as Shay in Broken Age

Never seen him turn in a bad performance, so this is quite exciting. I particularly enjoyed him in the movie adaption of Everything is Illuminated.

Never seen him turn in a bad performance, so this is quite exciting. I particularly enjoyed him in the movie adaption of Everything is Illuminated.

Probably my favorite movie in his entire filmography ^_^ (sorry LOTR fans but Elijah Wood + Gogol Bordello = YAY!)

Only thing I know him from, other than LOTR of course, is this old Cranberries music video :D

So you haven't seen Back to the Future II then? ;)

videogame.gif

Oh, I sure hope Broken Age doesn't require the use of hands to play, because in this era these types of games are like baby toys!

One thing that always strikes me about Elijah Wood's career is how young he was at the start of the filming for LotR in 1999 (18, if you're curious (as was I, incidentally)) but he doesn't look much older than that now, 14 years later!

I wasn't so sure about Elijah's performance of the narration over the trailer, but hearing his voice work during gameplay seems like a perfect fit.

(And I love the idea of "Nay-sayer Island".)

Probably my favorite movie in his entire filmography ^_^ (sorry LOTR fans but Elijah Wood + Gogol Bordello = YAY!)

Awesome movie, one of my favorite ones. And Elijah totally got it right! Perfect combination of introspection and humor.

I wasn't so sure about Elijah's performance of the narration over the trailer, but hearing his voice work during gameplay seems like a perfect fit.

(And I love the idea of "Nay-sayer Island".)

THIS! I had the exact same feeling. When Shay was talking to the computer his voice fit perfectly, but I didn't quite like the voice over. It sounded emotionless and bland. But again thats only the voice over for the trailer, during gameplay he sounds like a depressed frustrated teenage boy which is great :)

I kinda expected Dominic Armato to be announced, but Elijah Wood is a good choice! :D

oh man :( i wish he would get a chance again to be the voice actor in games again

Oh, I sure hope Broken Age doesn't require the use of hands to play, because in this era these types of games are like baby toys!

Not until 2015 :)

I finally got around to jumping on board as a slacker backer - yay!

I jumped on here to mention Elijah's classic line in BTTF2 but I knew I would be beaten to the punch ;)

I was thinking it would be a fun gag in the game if Shay comes across an instrument in the ship that he has to operate himself (without the ship's help), and he makes a similar comment.

Like, instead of "You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy!" he could say something like "You mean I have to interface with this manually? How juvenile!"

I've been AFK longer than desired so I missed the announcement!

The funny part is, I watched both VO announcement videos just now and realized something... that bag of rice krispy treats... it's in BOTH.

I've had an idea. Why don't Double Fine use the rest of the game budget to buy an island, where we can ship all the "aha, so that's where the money went" bores crawling out of the woodwork whenever any announcement is made about the game.

Then they can stand around on the island smugly telling each other "Oh, so THIS is where the money went. Buying this island. And putting us on it. I want to go home."

Boy do I love this idea, I could easily imagine them standing there, with the slowly dying smirks on their faces :)

I have a lot of catching up to do on the forums, both on reading posts and viewing videos (how could I miss the new documentary-episode??). Wasn't immediately thrilled with the news of EW doing Shay's voice, mainly because I know him from very little else than LOTR. The 'little else' consists of a action movie with a potential meteor crash on earth. What was it called again? (*googles*). Ah, yes, Deep Impact:

hqdefault.jpg

But with all the positive comments about his performance as Shay in the gameplay I'm getting excited as well! Tomorrow (or rather 'later this day') I'm finally going to see it all for myself, first a good night's sleep ;)

Wasn’t immediately thrilled with the news of EW doing Shay’s voice, mainly because I know him from very little else than LOTR. The 'little else' consists of a action movie with a potential meteor crash on earth. What was it called again? (*googles*). Ah, yes, Deep Impact.

To me Elijah Wood was one of the very few highlights of Lord of the Rings (but lets not turn this in a LOTR-hate thread....;-)). Like nickmck I remember him primarily from his role in Ang Lee's beautiful drama The Ice Storm and also as a bit of nasty piece of work in the (not very well-received) Green Street Hooligans. So, I'd say that he is capable in lots of different roles. After seeing the trailer I was worried that his voice might be a bit too old for Shay, but I really liked what I saw in the latest episode.

I sincerely wish that I could see more of the work done, and the humour behind the stage with actor like Elija. And as well of Black Jack.

Elijah Wood is awesome! Great catch. You have so many awesome voice overs now.. Jack Black, Wil Wheaton, Elijah Wood, David Kaufman etc :)

Elijah Wood is awesome! Great catch. You have so many awesome voice overs now.. Jack Black, Wil Wheaton, Elijah Wood, David Kaufman etc :)

Not to mention Jennifer Hale *___* the voice over cast is just extraordinary

Not to mention Jennifer Hale *___* the voice over cast is just extraordinary

Oh yeah, I forgot her name :| she was insanely good.

Sign in to follow this