Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Brandon

Hack 'n' Slash is announced!

Yo!

The elf character is marvelous! Way better than the amnesia forthnight one, in mg opinion! Who is the artist who drew him? Raz?

Our art team is Mark Hamer, Say Oh, and Razmig Mavlian. In the announcement image, Mark did the character design, Say did her sprite companion, and Raz did the glyph room. They're all amazing.

Hack 'n Slash was one of my favorites from AF2012. So glad it's getting a full release!

Cool, I look forward to giving it a try eventually. I enjoyed AF and Hack 'n Slash was one of the cooler things kicking around. It is nice to see glimpses of all the other non Broken Age and Massive Chalice things that are being worked on.

So in summary, Autonomous is getting some love, Space Base and Hack 'n Slash even more. Pretty sweet AF.

Smiles

I'm so excited that this is coming out! I've been wanting a game to teach me to be a better programer for ages! Since quadrilateral cowboy is still TBA this makes me really Happy!

I'm digging that theme music... How big is the team that is putting this together?

Alos, I love the art style. Who is that little lightning bug / firefly circling our princess? Seems we need to get into the forest to find out...

This is so great! I've been crossing my fingers that this would be made into a full game easily my favorite game of AF 2012.

Fuck yeah! Awesome news!

Any estimates on how many algorithms the full game will contain?

Whoa, you guys are keeping busy! Rock on!

Awesome to see more and more AF2012 prototypes are getting more and more love.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.... :D

Congrats!

You guys at DF are making my commitment to owning every Double Fine game ever very difficult these days, but if there's one thing the world could use more of, it's Double Fine games.

Awesome! Both my favorite games of AF2012 are getting made now. Could'nt be better. :-D

I'm so excited that this is coming out! I've been wanting a game to teach me to be a better programer for ages! Since quadrilateral cowboy is still TBA this makes me really Happy!

I'm not sure if Hack 'n' Slash will teach you to be a better programmer, but you should try Code Combat: http://codecombat.com/

Also, I love the art style of Hack 'n' Slash - really great.

I'm a little bit more in love with Morgan Webb now that I know she is helping DF fund this game. And those other people too, I guess. ;)

^

Space Chem is the most programming-like game I've ever played (much more so than the Hack 'n Slash prototype). It's fantastic.

Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/92800

GOG (DRM free) - http://www.gog.com/game/spacechem

I remembered a puzzle game in the past that had programming to make a robot do something.

Was 3d but was a demo the version I had and totally forgot how it was called and was never able to find it again.

Space chem is really a three dimensional graphical programming language (normal 2D environment plus time as third dimension) where you try to make a program that takes a given input and gets a certain output. Short of a game where you write actual code instead of place representations of it on a grid and let them work on it for a duration, that's about as close to programming as you can get in a game.

Sign in to follow this